Prema, Heaven Admin's beloved grandmother, has the most patience of anyone I know. What a great quality patience is! I wish I had some.
Here is my collection of plastic bags before Prema:
1. Pick up the bag and start smoothing it.
3. Start folding the bag horizontally until it's neat and tight.
4. Now take a corner and fold diagonally. And keep doing this.
5. Now you're almost done!
6. This is the hard part. You tuck it in so it is locked.
7. Below is after they are all done. Now isn't this better than the first photo above?
Don't you want to be Prema?
Perhaps you think you may not have the patience. Perhaps you think you may not have the time.
In that case, I know a shortcut.
What you do is invite Prema over! She will scrub and straighten every cupboard. She will put your messy habits to shame. Oh, Oh, Oh, she will also cook for you!
Our stovetop here in Palm Beach, South Africa, has five burners. Prema has pots bubbling away on all five burners. Each pot fills the house with its own exotic aroma. The contents of each pot holds a different flavor and color that has you drooling and swooning. Waiting for the food to be ready to be dished out is pure unadulterated torture.
What will Prema cook for today?
Will she please never leave and stay here forever?
Or, if she must leave, will Heaven Admin start preparing five daily courses and run three businesses and take care of Heavenletters as well?
It's early in the morning now, and already wonderful aromas are reaching me.
And now I hear Prema sweeping.